Introduction to DEWA Regulations
The objective of these DEWA regulations is to provide consumers, consultants, contractors,
electrical engineers & technicians with the general guidelines for design, installation,
inspection and compliance with DEWA’s requirements for electric installations,
in order to safeguard persons and property from hazards arising from the use
The regulation however is not intended to substitute detailed
specifications nor to serve as an instruction manual for untrained persons.
essential that all consultants, contractors, electrical engineers & technicians
study and abide by these regulations.
This of course does not absolve the concerned parties from obtaining other necessary approvals from DEWA.
References are generally made to the seventeenth edition of the IET (The
Institution of Engineering and Technology) wiring regulation and International
Electromechanical Commission (IEC) documents.
Consideration has been given to the prevention of fire and shock hazards as well as proper operation and maintenance of wiring installation and equipment.
These DEWA regulations consist of 12 sections as follows:
- Section 01: GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Section 02: DEFINITIONS
- Section 03: DEWA INCOMING SUPPLY AND TARIFF METERING
- Section 04: SELECTION OF CABLES, EQUIPMENT, MATERIALS & WIRING SYSTEM
- Section 05: EARTHING AND EARTH LEAKAGE PROTECTION
- Section 06: INSTALLATION OF CONDUITS, TRUNKING, TRAYS & ACCESSORIES
- Section 07: INSTALLATION OF CABLES, EQUIPMENT, ACCESSORIES, AND WIRING SYSTEM
- Section 08: POWER FACTOR CORRECTION CAPACITORS AND UNDER VOLTAGE RELAYS
- Section 09: CONSTRUCTION SITE INSTALLATIONS
- Section 10: DISTRIBUTED RENEWABLE RESOURCES GENERATION (DRRG)
- Section 11: SUBSTATIONS AND HIGH VOLTAGE INSTALLATION
- Section 12: GREEN BUILDING REGULATIONS